Ant’s Chewy Chocolate Chip and Bacon Cookies
Remember when I said that bacon cookies were the best and that I had made the most amazing recipe for them? Well, as a thank you for all the follows, tweets, and likes- here they are!
Ingredients: (Makes 1 1/2 Dozen)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon good Vanilla
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweetened Chocolate Chips
- 4 Strips cooked Bacon, Chopped into cubes
- Make sure you melt your butter beforehand, so that it isn’t hot.
- Room temperature eggs only! Cold eggs will ruin this up, man.
- 6 on 1 cookie sheet, or else they will stick to one another.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. That’s like, taking your oven on a date and chatting it up before the entrees arrive. Maybe 10 minutes. Grease your cookie sheets or line those suckers with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and put aside. Tell them you’ll get back to them later, baby.
- In a large bowl, cream together melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, both egg and the yolk until just blended. Add your vanilla.
- Add your flour mixture in 3 smaller doses. NOT TO FAST THERE, HONEY PIE.
- Stir in chocolate chips and your cooled and chopped bacon pieces by hand with a big wooden spoon. Awww yeah.
- Now, drop the cookie dough by rounded 1/4 cup spoonfuls on your greased cookie sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 15-17 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Take those babies out. Careful, they are hot! Don’t try and be a hero kid.
- Cool on baking sheet 1 minute. Transfer to cooling racks for 5 minutes. Or eat them right away, I don’t care man.
These are awesome all by themselves, but to give y’all an extra kick in the face and also to legally count as a breakfast food (They do, ok?) I made a super quick maple caramel and drizzled them over those bad boys. You can find a good recipe for that here.
These are just… amazing. The saltiness of the bacon is such a contrast to the chocolate chips in them. The cookie itself is chewy on the inside and flaky on the outside.
Enjoy these honeys and try not to think about how many calories they are. I’m going to go jog.
Facebook / www.nerdachecakes.com